The 1st Crash the Coast Film Festival
- All films screened at Crash the Coast Film Festival 2012 are to be short films with a total running time of 30 minutes maximum, including credits. Films may be narrative, non-narrative or documentary. All genres welcome for narrative films. Music videos will not be accepted.
- Films that have previously screened publicly within a 100 mile radius of Corpus Christi, TX, aired on US television prior to the Festival, are available for purchase on DVD in North America, or are available for continuous online viewing in their entirety are NOT eligible.
- Films must have begun production after January 1, 2011.
- Films must be submitted on DVD. Do not send film prints, master tapes, or other originals.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
- Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at live Festival events.
- All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Foreign Language entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
- Only complete entries (including entry form, payment, and preview DVD screener) will be processed.
- Please submit a typed or clearly printed entry form or a copy of the online form receipt along with the submission. Crash the Coast Film Festival 2012 is not responsible for incorrect wording in publications or on awards if the entry form is incorrect or illegible.
- Only productions in the proper exhibition format will be eligible for Festival screening. See rule #3 above.
- Entries eligible for early bird rates must be postmarked by July 18, 2012. Regular deadline entries must be postmarked by August 8, 2012. Late deadline entries must be postmarked by August 29, 2012.
- The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD shipments will not be accepted.
All international entries must be sent “free domicile” to the Festival with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Fees charged to Crash the Coast Film Festival will be refused. Be sure to include the proper customs documentation required by your shipping service.
Judging & Selection
- Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Crash the Coast Film Festival Programming Committee. If a film is selected for screening, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email.
All entrants will be notified on or before September 12, 2012.
- Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, notification that your entry has been received, and notification of results. These fees may be paid by check or money order, made payable to Corpus Christi Film Society.
Early Bird Rate (Postmarked by July 18, 2012) is $30.00.
Regular Deadline (Postmarked by August 8, 2012) is $50.00.
Late Deadline (Postmarked by August 29, 2012) is $75.00